By Geoffrey Smith
Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket on Thursday, 30th April. Please refresh for updates.
- Facebook (NASDAQ:) stock was up 7.1% after its first-quarter profit and revenue beat expectations, and the company said that advertising revenue had held up so far in April, as locked-down users spent more time on the company’s various social media and messaging apps.
- Microsoft (NASDAQ:) stock was up 1.0% after the company reported a 15% rise in earnings, due largely to strong demand for its cloud hosting business Azure as businesses shift more of their activity to online formats.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:) stock was up 7.1% after the company posted net earnings per share of $1.24 for the quarter, in contrast to expectations for a modest loss.
- That was an unprecedented third straight quarter of profit for the company. Free cash flow was negative, however.
- The company is still not able to reopen its only U.S. manufacturing plant at Fremont in California.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.