The December competition is proudly sponsored by FP Markets, an Australian owned and ASIC regulated broker with over 12 experience and 35 industry awards including Highest Overall Client Satisfaction 5 years running. They facilitate trading in equities, indices, commodities, futures, Forex and Bitcoin via their MetaTrader4 platform.
FP Markets offer 10,000+ equities, indices and commodities across all major international markets. All equity CFDs are DMA priced and 100% hedged. FP Markets are not a market maker so their interests are aligned with that of their clients. You can go long on everything listed on the ASX and international markets and they have the widest short offering of any Australian broker.
A quick recap of the rules for those not familiar with them:
1. Each entrant may choose one ASX listed stock. Options, warrants and deferred settlement shares are not permitted.
2. Stocks with a price of less than $0.01 are ineligible for the competition, as are stocks that are currently suspended from trading.
3. Either before or after posting your entry and before the deadline for entries you must post in the forum thread of the stock you have entered providing either a general update or a view on why you think the share price is going to increase in the short term.
4. The winner is the entrant whose selected stock performs the best in percentage terms between the close of trading on November 30 (entry price) and the close of trading on December 31.
5. The maximum number of entrants in the competition is 100.
The entry price for all entries is the closing price on the last trading day of this month.
The competition winner will receive $100. The second placegetter will win $50 and the third placegetter $25.
You have until midnight on Saturday, November 30 to enter. However, in practice, entries can be submitted until this thread is closed. No entries submitted after that can be accepted for any reason.
Please post your entries in this thread. Remember, once you have selected your stock, you CANNOT change it for any reason.
Best of luck to all entrants!